Refrigerators have become an essential part of our daily lives. They protect the food stuffs and provide them with a longer shelf life.
They are also widely used in households, restaurants etc. to store drinks and to make ice.
A decade back, two door refrigerators or side by side refrigerators were the preferred choice in households.
…people are more inclined towards purchasing best counter depth refrigerators!
- Best Cheap Mini Fridges in 2020 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Fisher Paykel E522BLE5 32″ Bottom Freezer Refrigerator in White Review
- Best Freezers For Sale in 2020 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Igloo Mini Fridge RCA RFR321-FR320/8 – Best Product Review in 2020
- Best Kegerators For Sale in 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide
|Top||GE||Haier 15-Cu.-Ft. French-Door Refrigerator 28" width Stainless Steel HRF15N3AGS||Prime||Check Price|
|Kenmore||Kenmore 23.9 cu. ft. Wide French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator in Stainless Steel, includes delivery and hookup (Available in select cities only)||Prime||Check Price|
|Fisher & Paykel||Fisher Paykel RF135BDLX4 25" 13.4 cu. ft. Left Hinge Counter Depth Bottom Freezer Refrigerator With Glass Shelves ActiveSmart Technology LED Lighting and Humidity Control System in Stainless||Prime||Check Price|
|Cafe||Ge Cafe CYE22UP3MD1 Matte Collection Series 36 Inch Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator in Matte Black||Prime||Check Price|
1. Haier HRF15N3AGS
This wonderfully crafted best counter depth refrigerator is one of the cheapest among the lot.
It has a French door design with a bottom mount freezer that helps in keeping all fresh and frequently used food stuffs at a convenient height.
The freezer section comprises of two drawers to store different types of frozen foods. The full width crisper drawers with adjustable humidity settings enable you to keep fruits and vegetables fresh for a longer duration.
The quick cool and quick freeze technology provides extra cooling effect which is essential for chilling refreshments, desserts and much more.
It makes use of the frost free technology which prevents ice buildup and the need to defrost the freezer.
The device can be operated using electronic touch controls which aid in easier settings adjustments and makes the operation of this fridge quite simple.
It has LED interior lighting which is bright enough and provides a person with the ability to find objects which are hidden in each corner of the refrigerator.
Stainless steel finish makes this refrigerator to look beautiful.
It is easier to clean and is hence considered to be smudge free.
A special feature called Sabbath mode enables a person to use the device on the days of the Jewish Sabbath and other religious holidays.
Haier provides a 1 year warranty for this device which is very less compared to its counterparts.
The device not just looks good but even does a great job of storing perishable foodstuffs. It does not have an ice maker or a water dispenser though.
One can get some ice trays to keep in the freezer. But the makers of this fridge have done a commendable job of offering a very good product at a low price in the market.
2. Kenmore 73025
If you are looking for a French door refrigerator that can fit the food supplies you need to store for the family, then this Kenmore 73025 is what you need. It has a stylish look with stainless steel exterior that will surely last longer.
This non-dispense French door refrigerator has dual evaporators that can cool the freezer and refrigerator separately to maintain the needed temperature and humidity level for each section.
Your vegetables and other party platters will remain fresh and crispy when storing them in an extra-large pantry drawer. If you need to store big containers like gallons of juice and milk and other taller items, you don’t have to worry. It has gallon-sized door bins that can accommodate large vessels.
It has an easy-care wipe clean interior and exterior tempered glass shelves; you will employ fewer efforts on cleaning it. Indeed, this French door refrigerator is an excellent addition to any kitchen space.
Kenmore 73025 has a capacity of 16 cu. Ft. which is not bad, mainly if you look at the big compartments. The glass shelves are spill proof. Thus, you will not have difficulties in cleaning it.
With its built-in ice maker, you will never run out of ice. This French refrigerator also has a frost-free freezer, so your frozen food will remain fresh longer.
3. Fisher Paykel RF135BDLX4
Fridge with Bottom Freezer
This Fisher Paykel model is equipped with built-in ice maker and an external water dispenser. The dispenser is designed to enable you to fill any container it does not matter what size and shape it is. This refrigerator can make 25% more ice as compared to others every day because it has an Ice Boost feature. This feature is not available to other Paykel Ice and Water models.
The RF135BDLX4 model has ActiveSmart technology which is a combination of smart electronics and temperature sensors with different fan speed that produces a controlled environment and best temperature to maintain the freshness of your food longer.
It has SmartTouch Control Panel for easy access of the control which is positioned in the inside front of the fridge. The controls have a simple design for ease of use.
The manufacturer of this refrigerator makes sure that the owner will not have any problems cleaning the unit. It has easy cleaning removable, spill protected glass shelves so dealing with spillage and drips is easy. Cleaning the storage bins and stainless-steel doors are also comfortable, merely wipe to maintain its spotless look. This is possible because of its EZKleen features.
The humidity control system of Fisher Paykel along with the cool and consistent temperature by ActiveSmart technology generates the best microclimate in every bin, keeping the veggies and fruits fresh. It provides the refrigerator the right temperature level and humidity.
The independent speed fans control the airflow via multiple air ducts to all compartment and boost the chilling and freezing system of the ref to make sure the food quality and safety are maintained.
Refrigerator sensors record any changes in the fridge, including alarming when the doors are opened and if there is a new item added, to make sure the temperature is constant.
The Adaptive Defrost feature of Fisher Paykel provides you a peace of mind that your fridge will defrost on its own at the best time. If you are not around, it uses less energy as it defrosts less often and recognizes low level of use.
4. Ge Cafe CYE22UP3MD1 Refrigerator
with Keurig K-Cup Brewing System
GE Café Series has brought out this best counter depth refrigerator which has emerged as a favorite of people over the last few years.
The unique feature of this refrigerator is the Keurig or K- Cup inbuilt brewing system which makes sure that you enjoys a cup of your favorite beverage first thing in the morning.
Amazon has partnered with GE to provide access to Alexa, which is a voice control software that helps in automatically accessing the refrigerator by means of a wi- fi connection.
As a result of this, you can now heat water or access the controls of the refrigerator remotely.
The device has built in twin chill evaporator that maintains optimum temperatures necessary for both the freezer and the refrigerator and helps in keeping food stuffs fresh for a longer period.
The fridge is designed with 2 full width baskets and a tilt outdoor bin which helps in storing a lot of things.
The automatic defrost feature helps in reducing the frost build up and cleans the device by itself saving your time and energy.
It has an additional door alarm which alerts people if they accidentally leave the refrigerator door open to save energy.
When it comes to ice, the fridge has an interesting space saving feature which provides a continuous supply of ice and one can get it even without filling the ice trays as in other cases.
Counter depth refrigerators have emerged as one of the most sought after devices in the market since 2018.
These are being preferred over standard ones owing to their ability to save space in the kitchen. It is also being used to increase the appearance of a house or a kitchen.
Counter depth refrigerators have various features which differ from one manufacturer to another. To choose the best countertop refrigerator, one should take some time out of their busy schedule and go through the counter depth refrigerator reviews that are available online.
Depending on their needs, necessities and the size of kitchens you can buy a 30 inch counter depth refrigerator, a counter depth French door refrigerator or a bottom freezer refrigerator.
All of these models are priced differently and have their own unique set of pros and cons.
Counter depth refrigerators are being preferred by people over conventional ones because of their ability to save space.
These counter depth refrigerators are so called because of their ability to fit perfectly inside a kitchen cabinet.
The refrigerator should be chosen in such a way that it should not protrude from the cabinet. This provides the kitchen a cleaner and a linear look.
Some of the tips that can help new buyers to choose the perfect counter depth refrigerator are mentioned below:
- Choose the right model – While planning to buy a counter depth refrigerator, one should opt for a model which has a freezer above its food compartment. This type of design is considered to be the most energy efficient of all the types. French door models are also considered good for household use as they have a good amount of space for storing wide platters. Side by side models on the other hand provide easy access to frozen and fresh foods. Side by side model is also good for people who are aged or invalids as they do not have to stoop to get things. So one should make informed choices and choose the one that best suits his or her needs.
- Energy Star rating – Off late, refrigerators are being awarded with energy star ratings. These ratings are given only for refrigerators which consume less electrical energy. It is a good idea to opt for a refrigerator with a energy star rating as one can save considerably on electricity bills.
- Throw away old refrigerators – It is good to replace an age old refrigerator with a counter depth model. This is because irrespective of the energy star rating, newer refrigerators consume less electricity compared to earlier models. If you want to reduce your electricity bills, it is considered the best time to invest in a newer, sleeker model.
- Good shelves – Another important factor to consider while buying a counter depth refrigerator are the shelves. It is considered wise to buy a refrigerator which has adjustable shelves. These help in storing a large variety of good. The design is also considered to be the best for cleaning and maintenance. At the same time, spill [proof shelves are a better option as it prevents the food stuffs from spilling and leaking into other shelves or the entire refrigerator. This can reduce the cleaning work.
- Use the refrigerator wisely – If one invests in the best counter depth refrigerator that is available in the market, he should be aware of the dos and don’ts. This can help in increasing the durability of a refrigerator. Meat lockers and crisper trays should be only used for storing meat and vegetables respectively. At the same time, perishable foods should be placed in the main fridge compartment. These simple tips go a long way in ensuring the durability of a counter depth refrigerator.
Frequently Ask Questions
What is a Counter Depth Fridge?
Counter Depth Fridge is basically a fridge that is a little more than 24 inches deep. It is well suited for small kitchens. Also people who wish to lend in their appliances and kitchen design, prefer a counter depth refrigerator. It gives the idea of a wider space in kitchen and it looks good. These refrigerators however cost more than the conventional refrigerators and they do not have much storage space. There is no standard definition or size range for a counter depth as of now. But in general, a fridge than can stand out at a distance of six inches from the counters is considered to be a counter depth model.
What is counter depth refrigerator size?
Total depth of the best counter depth refrigerators is about 30” which is about 5 “deeper than most counters. The average kitchen countertop depth comes in at 25”.This depth can however vary in range between 24” and 26.5”.
How wide is counter depth refrigerator?
A typical counter depth refrigerator has a width of 35.75 inches. This is not however the standard width as it depends upon the manufacturer, width of kitchen cabinet and several other factors.
Why buy counter depth refrigerator?
One should buy a counter depth refrigerator if they are having a small kitchen or if they want the appliances to blend in with the refrigerator. Counter depth refrigerators cannot be exactly flush mounted .They do not have as much capacity as a standard depth fridge.
Hopefully, the information given above makes it a bit easier for you to choose the best counter depth refrigerator for your daily use.